Elliott Mitchell is an associate with Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo, & Aranda, P.A., practicing civil litigation in state and federal court.
Elliott was born in Meridian, Mississippi, but was raised in Fort Myers, Florida and has resided in Florida for over 20 years. In 2011, Elliott received his Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies from Florida Gulf Coast University, graduating Magna Cum Laude. During his undergraduate studies, Elliott worked as a law clerk for Weldon & Rothman, PL in Naples, Florida.
Elliott went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida, where he focused his studies primarily on trial advocacy and received a Criminal Justice Certificate. While attending the University of Florida, Elliott was involved with the Christian Legal Society, the Federalist Society, Phi Alpha Delta, the Student Recruitment Team, and the UF Law Trial Team. In 2014, Elliott was honored to serve the State Attorney’s Office for the 8th Judicial Circuit as a Certified Legal Intern, trying and winning several misdemeanor and felony cases on behalf of the State of Florida.
In 2015, Elliott became an associate with Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo, & Aranda, P.A. and now resides in Lakeland, Florida.
Florida Gulf Coast University, B.S. (Legal Studies, 2011)
- Magna Cum Laude
- FGCU Rugby Team
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
University of Florida, College of Law, J.D. (2015)
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Sherwood L. Stokes – Professor James W. Day Scholar
- UF Law Trial Team – Education Chair
– Florida National Trial Advocacy Tournament – Best Cross Examination (2014)
– Chester Bedell Trial Competition – Semi-Finalist (2014)
- Teaching Assistantships:
– Trial Practice
– Legal Writing
– Appellate Advocacy
- State Attorney’s Office, 8th Judicial Circuit – Certified Legal Intern
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- General Counsel for the Florida Department of Citrus
- Member of Grace City Church in Lakeland, Florida
- Member of EMERGE Lakeland
- Graduate of Lakeland Summer Leadership Program