Jim Valenti is the founding and managing partner of Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda, P.A. Jim focuses his practice in the Federal and State arena. Business Litigation, Personal Injury & Wrongful Death – Plaintiff and Defendant.
Jim was born in 1962 and has resided in Polk County, Florida since 1972
Jim worked for the Polk County Sheriff’s office while attending the University of South Florida where he graduated Cum Laude, earning a B.A. degree in Criminal Justice. He then went to the University of Florida College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctorate, with honors, in 1988 graduating in the top 10 percent of his class. He is included in the less than two percent of Florida lawyers Board Certified in both Business Litigation and Civil Trial.
He was a charter member of the Willson American Inn of Court, an organization dedicated to improving ethics and professionalism among trial lawyers. He is a Past President of the Polk County Trial Lawyers Association.
Jim and his wife, Christy, have seven children and live in Lakeland where they attend Covenant Presbyterian Church.
- University of South Florida, B.A. (1984)
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (1988)
Honors: With Honors, Phi Kappa Phi, Order of the Coif
- AV rated attorney, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar, 2011
- Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar, 2014
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association, 1989-Present
- Willson American Inns of Court, Charter Member
- Florida Bar, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Florida Middle District Bankruptcy Court
- Lakeland Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Served as Chair of the 10th Judicial Circuit Bench/Bar Committee
- Member – American Board of Trial Advocates