Jonathan Trohn is a founding partner in the law firm of Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda, P.A.
Jon was born and raised in Lakeland, Florida. He graduated from Haverford College in Haverford, Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1987, and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida in 1990. He initially practiced at Lane, Trohn, Clarke, Bertrand & Williams, making partner in 1997. In 2000, Jon was made shareholder at the Gray Robinson firm after its merger with Lane Trohn. In February of 2008, Jon began practice at his current firm.
Jon is rated as an AV attorney by Martindale Hubbell and is also Board Certified in Civil Trial law by the Florida Bar. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and an Associate in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Mr. Trohn has extensive experience in a wide variety of civil litigation. These areas include personal injury, insurance, employment disputes, product liability, condemnation, construction, law enforcement, and local government. His clients include governmental agencies, insurance companies, medical clinics, product manufacturers, trucking companies, supermarkets, and law enforcement.
Jon has represented some of the largest corporations in the country, as well as local individuals and businesses, all of whom were seeking a specialist in civil trial law. Some of the clients Jon has recently represented include Polk County, ExxonMobil Corporation, Publix Super Markets, United Services Automobile Association, Comcar Industries, Polk County Sheriff’s Office, Clark & Daughtrey Medical Group, City of Lakeland, Citrus County, and Ryder Transportation.
- Haverford College, B.A. (Political Science), 1988
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., 1990 Book Award, Administrative Law, Fall 1990
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization & Education, 2001
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Appointed by the Florida Supreme Court as a member of the Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Civil Cases (Jan. 1, 2016–present)
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association, (President 2011-2012)
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- The Florida Bar
- Lakeland Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Lecturer at CLE Seminar on Trial Techniques
- Master, Willson Inn of Court
- Selected as top attorney by Super Lawyers repeatedly since 2009
- Selected as top attorney in The Best Lawyers in America repeatedly since 2009
J. Trohn, “Denial of Access to Courts for Latent Injuries”, 18 Nova Law Review, 615 (Fall, 1993).
REPORTED CASES INCLUDE:
Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. v. Ledford, 729 So.2d 426 (Fla. 2d DCA 1999);
Auto Owners Insurance Co. v. Quinn, 749 So.2d 581 (Fla. 5th DCA 2000);
Connor v. Halifax Hospital Medical Center, et al, 135 F.Supp. 2d 1198 (M.D. Fla. 2001)
- Former board member, Camp Fire Boys and Girls
- Lakeland City Baseball
- Temple Emanuel, Board of Directors